Sunday, October 31, 2021

October Reading Report






It turns out that moving seriously cuts into reading time.  Only three books this month.

 

I continued my reading of Ann Cleeves’s Vera novels with The Moth Catcher and The Seagull.  I loved both, but especially the latter one because of what it added to Vera’s character.  I’m sad that I’m out of Vera books now, but at least there are other series to explore.

 

Sarah B. Pomeroy’s book Maria Sibylla Merian (thank you to Maria Toepfer-Foss for the gift!!!) is a biography written for younger people, which means that it is lavishly illustrated.  When the subject is an artist, this is all to the good.  The book could have skirted issues of colonialism, sexism, and slavery, but didn’t, which makes it extra good.  It was informative and useful and really, really lovely.

 

Fall total:  10

Year to date total:  61

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home