Friday, March 01, 2024

NZ and AUS, day 1, in which I pack All the Things and eat cauliflower

Here’s how the day started:



After packing two weeks’ worth of stuff, I ended up with this:




 

In between packing, I had to do my New Zealand customs entry form, which took approximately forever and required moving back and forth between various apps so many times that I was both confused and grumpy at the end.  Then I had to download and install and figure out the Air New Zealand app.  But wait!  More fun with tech!  Brent got me air tags for my suitcases and backpack, which had to be synced up with my phone.  Turns out that packing was the easy part.  (The air tags work.  When we stopped on our drive to the airport to use the restroom, they let me know all my stuff was “left behind.”  I hope this comes in useful and isn’t just annoying.)

 

This is what the drive to SFO looked like:

 



We survived the parking garage and check in and security and I got this sandwich for dinner:

 



It sounded weird, but turned out to be tasty.  It had roasted cauliflower in it and the lady behind the counter said it was better than the tempeh one, which was what they had available.  She was slightly wrong because Brent found a chicken salad sandwich, a good thing since I don’t see him willingly eating tempeh any time soon.

 

Anyway:  next stop is to get on the plane.  Saturday will not exist for me (thanks, International Date Line!), so I’ll post again from NZ on Sunday!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a day! I hope you can rest on the airplane and be ready for a new day of fun!

March 1, 2024 at 8:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can't wait to read more! Have a fabulous trip!!

March 2, 2024 at 3:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home