Monday, September 22, 2014

Spain, day 2

At breakfast, Brent and I decided what to do today.  Well, actually, I ate a bunch of spiffy cheeses and fancy Spanish cold cuts and membrillo and some torta espanola and some roasted vegetables and he leafed through the guide book to check out the places I thought might be fun to go.  After he chose “None of the Above,” I looked some more and suggested Segovia.  Off we went.

This is what the streetscape looks like:


The local castle, Alcazar, was the model for Sleeping Beauty’s castle in Disneyland. 



It is definitely a fairytale sort of place.  Unfortunately for Brent, there are lots of stairs there.  T.R. would approve because the spiral stairs to the tower twist the correct way for optimal tower defense.

After reviving Brent with some lunch, we hiked partway back up the hill to check out the Roman aqueduct. 



No mortar, folks, and still standing.  No water, either, but no complaints from me.  I am apparently addicted to climbing things that can be climbed and Brent is not.  Therefore, I saw the view from the top edge of the aqueduct and he did not.

Back at the hotel, we got massages (yay!) and then went in the “Claustro Termal.”  The hotel used to be a convent.  In what used to be the cloisters, there is now a spiffy mineral pool with toys.  Maybe they’re not supposed to be toys, but jets that shoot out of the floor onto the bottoms of my feet sure seem like toys to me, even if they are intended to balance my chi. I also like having the opportunity to say “burbujas” a lot.


He starts working tomorrow.  Me, not so much!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your writing. So glad to hear what you are doing every day,
MOM

September 22, 2014 at 6:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home