Monday, October 13, 2014

Visualize a miracle...


When I started studying Pilates, I knew I was moving more directly into the mind-body space.  I’ve learned a lot more about anatomy, but I’ve also read plenty of things about visualization, imagery, and the like.  I lived in Berkeley for all those years; I am not afraid of chi, apple cider vinegar, Reiki, crystals, dream work, or self-actualization.  I’m a little afraid of incense because the smell makes me nauseous, but that’s a personal bias.

This would be a good time for me to practice visualization.  Right now, the reality of my soon-to-be-studio is a giant mess.  Less of a mess than it was yesterday, but still a mess.  Eventually, the boxes and racks and dirt and why-do-we-have-thats will all find their new places and something beautiful will emerge.

At the same time, I can’t just hold an end picture in my mind.  I have to think about what I can do Right Now.  There may be 87 boxes to move, but I have to start with one box, one shelf, one truckload.


Good thing Pilates is about flexibility and core strength.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home