Thursday, December 31, 2020

Last 2020 Reading!






Six books to round out the year.  One of them, Joan Ryan’s Intangibles is the subject of tomorrow’s post on my work blog.  Short version:  read it.

 

In preparation for 2021, I read Artist’s Journal Workshop by Cathy Johnson.  I love words, but I need another way to access my creativity.  Incorporating pictures seems like the way.  I am more than a little intimidated by the lovely sample pages in the book, but the goal is learning, not making beautiful stuff, so it will be fine.  I’m playing.

 

I’m a Don DeLillo fan, so it is no surprise that I enjoyed The Silence.  His way with language is like no one else’s and yet seems to grasp the essence of things.  If I grow up, I might want to be him.  The premise of the book, that all our tech stops working and we have to figure out who we are without it, is fascinating and a bit scary.

 

The last three were more Tamora Pierce.  I read the first three Circle of Magic books, the ones for Sandry, Tris, and Daja (and of course I will also read Briar’s, but next year!).  I like these younger characters and the team nature of the stories.  Connection is good.

 

Fall total:  37 books

2020 total:  106 books

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home