Saturday, September 27, 2014

Spain, Day 7

At El Museo de la Reina Sofia today, I saw Picasso’s Guernica.  I asked Brent if he had seen it and he said, yeah, that it was the big gray one that all the people were looking at, right?  It’s only, you know, a masterpiece.  I shouldn’t make fun, because I actually hit my limit on masterpieces.  My brain can only deal with so many in such a short period of time.  Also:  blisters.  Not on my brain.  On my feet.

On the way there, we passed this group having breakfast.  They were clearly some kind of spiffy soldier dress-up honor something-or-other.  But what do you do with the gun while you eat?  Lean it against the trash can, of course!



After the museum, we went to the Botanical Garden.  I can hear T.R. groaning from here.  Yes, I did it again.  I took lots of pictures of FLOWERS, like this one:



Here is a view down one of the walkways in the garden.




Not much is in bloom at this time of year besides the zillions of dahlias and a few late roses and some daisies.  Nonetheless, it was a lovely green and peaceful place.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home