Wednesday, March 18, 2020

March Flash It: Indelible Ink



“It was an accident,” Iggy said, scratching at the scabs on his arms.

Vicky was unimpressed.  She would have stomped off mad, but really there was nowhere to stomp to.  It was a small island.  “What were you trying to do?” she asked.

Iggy, rarely still and even more rarely willing to meet anyone’s eyes, dug around in the sand with his steel-toed boots.  “I wanted to impress you.”

“But what did you do?”

“I got out the parchment and the indelible ink,” he said.  “I opened the book to the page about…  about…”

“Yes?”

“About love spells,” he burst out.  “I’ve worked so hard for you and you never notice me and I thought that if I did this one thing…”  Iggy had made a fairly impressive hole for himself already, so he figured he might as well jump in it.  “I started to copy it out, but I’m, you know, dyslexic, and I wrote it down wrong.”

“What did you write?” Vicky asked, suddenly curious more than angry.

“I wrote a Stranded Love Spell instead of a Standard Love Spell.”

Vicky sighed and smoothed Iggy’s wild hair back off his forehead.  “At least it worked,” she said and kissed him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home