Sunday, March 10, 2024

NZ and AUS day 10, in which I shop

It was a bad news/good news kind of day.  Sadly, it was time to leave New Zealand.  Fortunately, we got to go on to Sydney.  I even scored a window seat on the plane:



I almost never buy or read magazines, but since I was feeling like a bear of very little brain this morning, I treated myself to a couple.  Every once in a while, I like to see what fitness magazines have to say.  Turns out, I know what I’m doing.  At least in that respect.  The fashion magazine was a whole different ballgame.  I probably should not be allowed to dress myself.




 

Here is the view from our new hotel room.  The room itself is also spiffy, but I really need to understand what the heck people are supposed to do with their stuff in these stylish hotel rooms with no drawers.  (Note:  I am that person who unpacks all my clothes from my suitcase when I arrive, so other people might not mind the lack of storage.)




 

After sitting all day, I wanted to get out into the world a little, so Brent and I took a walk around the block and looked in the shops.  My favorite Australian critter is the bilby.  Bilbys (bilbies?) have long ears and so are often Easter bunny stand-ins, like these ones in the candy store window.




 

Then I did some reckless shopping.  I wanted Australian boots and I now own them and they are wonderful.  (How to tell you’ve just bought something flipping expensive:  they throw in the care stuff.)  We went in to the bookstore twenty minutes before it closed and I managed not to buy any books, but I did get a cool new pouch for all my cords to replace the one that self-destructed in my backpack.  My former tube of sunscreen also decided that it no longer wanted to have tubular integrity, so I got a new one.




 

There’s an Irish pub downstairs at the hotel.  Brent picked it for dinner because it was convenient and because he will never pass up an opportunity for beef and Guinness pie.  There was live music, too.  The guys playing alternated what seemed to be classic Irish dance music with covers.  I have now heard Hotel California with fiddle.

 

Brent’s vacation is over tomorrow, but mine is not.  More adventures ahead!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home