Tuesday, March 12, 2024

NZ and AUS day 13, in which there are dragons

Brent, poor soul, spent last night sick.  He felt enough better to work this morning, but gave up at noon.

We had breakfast together.  (OK:  I had a lovely breakfast of menemen, which is a traditional Turkish breakfast of eggs scrambled with peppers and feta with toast and Brent ate toast.  We also got him some crackers and some ginger ale.)  He went to work and I went off to the Chinese Garden of Friendship.  I got there before it opened and spent some time taking photos in the area.  Here is a rare photo of me:




This one is kind of arty:




 

The garden is absolutely gorgeous.  One portion of it is being renovated, so it is not very gorgeous and smells like manure at the moment, but that’s just a blip.  Everywhere I looked, I saw bearded dragons:



 

Here is one of the entrance statues:



 

I took about a zillion photos.  Here is a leaf:



Some plumeria:




 

Bamboo against a wall:




 

It was hot and humid, which began to make me feel less than fabulous, so I left the garden in search of something cool to drink.

 

Before I got that cold drink, I happened into a Banksy exhibit at the Town Hall.  Travel magic, or something.  Here are a few photos I liked from the show:






 

Then I picked up some sushi and a soda and came into the blessed air conditioning.  Brent came in shortly after and went to rest.  I had a vacation nap, too.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home