Thursday, October 16, 2014

Book Report Thursday: The Blood of Olympus


The Blood of Olympus is the most recent Rick Riordan book.  I have written about how much I love his books before.  I still love his books.

This one is the final installment in the Heroes of Olympus series, which is a companion to the Lightning Thief series.  I was impatiently waiting for it to come out because the last installment ended on a major cliffhanger.  One does not Empire Strikes Back one’s fans lightly.  Amends were more or less made by tying up all kinds of loose ends in the final pages.  This is not at all a plot spoiler; we are talking about a quest book, after all.

The prose is energetic and often very very funny.  The book suffers from a too-large cast of characters and what might best be described as epic creep.  I can only be threatened with total apocalypse so many times.  Still, I believe that these books remain inspiring and wonderful without being cloying, perhaps thanks to the author’s wicked sense of humor.


Keeper.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home