Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Kind of like lather, rinse...


I am breathing.

In the physical sense, that is obvious.  If I stop, I will pass out.  My body, relieved of the burden of my consciousness, will then take over and resume breathing because it is smart.  I can certainly help with the breathing by choosing to inhale deeply and exhale as much of my lung contents as I can.  I can do cardio exercise to increase my lung capacity and my heart’s ability to move the oxygen around to all my happy little cells.  But, in general, physical breathing takes care of itself.

More challenging:  I am breathing, metaphorically.  No, I don’t mean that I am using metaphors because I am breathing, although that is true.  I tend to rush through everything, full bore, until I collapse.  It’s great until the collapse part.  It works better if I allow for pauses, if I let myself inhale to refresh and exhale to get rid of the garbage.


So today’s directions:  in, out, repeat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home