Thursday, January 29, 2015

30 Days of Happiness #8, with a picture of a Roman mosaic floor


Given my overarching purpose, as determined yesterday, of seeking to bring everyone I know closer to his or her best self with love and gentleness, I have determined that this is what I want to accomplish this year:

Finish the certification I am working on and complete an additional certification.
Bring depth, growth, and/or healing to my relationships.
Stay awake to the daily and emerging opportunities to create growth.

Making this list was definitely an exercise for me.  I’m tired.  My brain muscles hurt.  Unfortunately, brain muscles seem to be like abdominals, best worked every day.

The exam for the certification I am working on is in about two weeks (YIKES!).  Because the universe has a sense of humor that tends to be based on timing, here I am making long term goals when I have stated repeatedly that no big decisions or complicated issues are going to be addressed between now and then.  Ha!  This certification has been the result of more than a year of work, so even though the actual result is happening soon, I think that completing it counts as a major accomplishment for the year.  However, I am always seeking the next bunch of lessons, so once the dust settles, I will pursue a weight loss or behavior modification specialization before the end of the year.

There’s not much to discuss about the second goal.  One of my motivations in pursuing this challenge is to bring a better self to my relationships.  Here I go.


The last goal might be sort of cheating, but I made it based on my experience.  Some of the best shifts in my life have come from out of nowhere.  Not once did I ever think, “Gee, I would be super happy if I could facilitate a service learning community,” or “I would love to be a personal trainer and bring strength to people so they can transform their lives.”  And yet both of those things happened and have been wonderful.  The point is that I found those opportunities by being awake, by looking around, by staying checked in.  I did it by accident twice; let’s see if I can make it a habit and something I bring to others.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I don't think that just because your exam is soon it shouldn't be a big goal for the year. This challenge was part of my goals for the year and I'm pumped that I'll be able to check it off my list so soon. Great goals! Thanks for sharing. And good luck on your exams.

January 29, 2015 at 1:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home