Thursday, February 05, 2015

30 Days of Happiness: Day 15


I read the title of today’s happiness challenge and internally screeched.  “You are filled with loving kindness” is a family joke, something the kids say to me when I am stressed for the fun of hearing me expostulate and then laugh.  Let’s just say that I foolishly told them about the anxiety that particular sentence induced in me in one of my previous attempts to learn to meditate.  Thankfully, that particular sentence did not occur in today’s meditation.

I sat and did the meditation.  The first thing I noticed was that I did not feel like jumping up and killing people, which tended to happen with the previous experiment.  Progress!  In fact, I felt calm and peaceful.


This will probably never be my favorite kind of meditation, but I learned from trying it again with an open mind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home