Saturday, January 31, 2015

30 Days of Happiness, Day 10


I didn’t have to think too much about today’s challenge, which was to list and evaluate the things I do in my spare time to allow myself to focus on the ones that bring me joy.  No, it’s not because I have no spare time, although that sometimes feels true.  It’s because I recently had to revoke my own television privileges during the week.

Historically, I have not been a big watcher.  I adore watching football, but I find I watch a lot less even of that now that I have discovered biking and I have so many issues surrounding football culture (not enough to keep me from watching tomorrow’s Super Bowl…).  But there are a couple of channels out there that show cop show after cop show.  Dorothy Sayers, in one of her novels, has a character comment that crime fiction is the most moral kind of fiction:  the bad guys get caught.  I find this enormously soothing.  Suddenly it is 2 in the morning and I’m still on the couch.  Not okay.


Point being, I know which of my spare time things are fillers, psychic junk food.  I’m even learning to choose the organic, whole grain, free range psychic food instead.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home