Friday, January 30, 2015

30 Days of Happiness #9


I am not totally horrible at self-care.  I am not bragging.  I can’t afford to be horrible at it.  For one thing, I have kids.  Even though they are basically grown-ups, I am the Mama and need to be strong, stable, and healthy.  For another, a long period of neglecting self-care, among other things, led up to my worst depression period.  I have never been the same since.  I can’t go at 100 miles an hour indefinitely, doing All The Things at once.  It just doesn’t work.  I do what I have to do to keep running.  I admit that it kind of pisses me off that I require so much care to do part of what I used to be able to do, but it’s not like there’s an alternative.  Mostly I just get on with it.

Which brings me to the list:

Get enough sleep.
Get enough exercise.
Eat healthy food.
Get the occasional pedicure.
Clean house.
Play.


All of those things contribute to my wellbeing.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

A lovely list. I also hear the grief you feel in realizing your limitations and how you long to be limitless. And yet I also see how you teach your limits to your children as a virtue. This is a lovely post. Thank you.

January 30, 2015 at 9:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home