Sunday, February 15, 2015

30 Days of Happiness: Day 16, Simplicity


I like simple.  Simple is easy to clean, peaceful, socially responsible, and economically beneficial.  It is about the essential, not necessarily in the utilitarian sense, but in the sense that it meets the needs.  My favorite pot, for example, is both useful and beautiful as well as simple.

Making simple, however, sometimes gets complicated.  I like uncluttered space, but I also enjoy having photos and gizmos and toys on my shelves.  I don’t like storing tons of stuff, but I do like having craft supplies for times when I want to use them.


When I get tired, or lazy, or scared, things become complicated.  I don’t think clearly and realize that the things scattered everywhere are not necessary.  This is why most of my epiphanies begin with cleaning.  Once I start cleaning up and clearing away, literally or figuratively, answers emerge.  Sometimes I don’t like the answers very much, but at least I then have space to change the answers.  Worst case, everything smells better clean.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home